Monday, August 8, 2011

THREE DAYS!

It's hard to believe that after months of planning, I am actually getting ready to begin this journey! I begin orientation on Thursday - three short days away!  I have no idea where my summer went, and now it's crunch time. Because I am planning on going to law school next August, I decided to organize and pack up everything into moving boxes before I leave so that when I get back on July 25th of next year, I don't need to spend my precious time at home getting ready to move, and can instead see friends and family. In theory, this was a fantastic idea... in practicality, not so much. I've spent every spare moment going through everything I've ever owned and either tossing it, giving it away, or packing it up.  I'm only about 75% of the way there, and with three days left, I'm desperately trying to just shove everything into some kind of storage container and be done with it. My poor family is tripping over boxes that have spilled out of my room and managed to migrate all over the house. I figure that if that's my only problem right now, then I'm in pretty good shape.

And packing really is the biggest issue I'm facing right now. Hard to believe, right? Things have been going surprisingly smoothly, and I'm half expecting some huge roadblock to appear.

As of tonight, through one-time gifts and monthly pledges, I have officially raised more than my minimum contribution to the SALT program! This is such a huge relief for me.  I have been getting weekly fundraising updates from the SALT program since June, and for the first month and half they always said something like "Hi Meredith... still no funds raised," except way nicer. After stressing out about it, God finally told me to relax and let Him handle it. And ya know what? He did. Over this last month, I have had overwhelming support. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me thus far, whether financially or through prayer. It truly means the world to me.

Everyone who donated is already on this list to receive a prayer card from MCC once I am in-country, but for anyone else who would like one (or a few), please send me an email with your mailing address and how many cards you'd like, and I'll put you on the list. PLEASEEEEE! Whether we're close or just acquaintances, or even if we don't yet know each other yet, I would love to know that you are praying for me while I'm abroad. The card is pretty basic; it'll have my fantastic (I'm sure) mugshot on it and some specific prayer requests. Plus, you'll get mail. Who doesn't love getting mail?! Don't worry, you won't be put on a mailing list. I promise! Your address will just be used to mail you a card. MPA1263@gmail.com. DO IT!

One thing you can definitely be praying for right now is my Visa situation. Last week, Israel changed its Visa policy from "just show up in-country and buy one in the airport" to "we're gunna need a doctor's note, passport pictures, and a hundred other things before we'll think about giving you a Visa." After the initial mad dash of getting all my paperwork together and overnighting it to Israel, all I can do now is wait. Please be praying that the Visa process goes smoothly and quickly.

Thank you all for your continued support. Stay tuned for Operation: Orientation, coming Thursday to a blog near you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey M~ i remember the feelings of the last few days all too well. Hope you dont get too overwhelmed. Orientation is a lot of fun, so I hope you enjoy it :) love and prayers ~cz

    ReplyDelete